viernes, 31 de enero de 2014

Could she see it?

The people were growing mad. And I couldn’t help but notice how dark and smoky the walls were turning. Like if they were being burnt…

A smell, like gunpowder, was starting to overcome the people in the lobby. Many were sent into coughing fits. But others acted weirdly, a strange shimmer appeared in their eyes...

“We can’t let those idiots take everything under their control!”
“Like if an idiot like you could do something!”

Many people started fighting, all saying incomprehensible things. Many loud curses and swearing flew through the air, but soon, it weren’t words anymore… There were screams, there were punches… The room was getting darker by the minute...

I ran out of the hospital… I ran as fast as I could. I got out just in time to see someone being flung from one of the highest floors.
While I was trying to make sense of this... I thought of someon...
GOD! NO!
....
....
I grabbed my phone and frantically began calling home. No one was picking the damn phone. I was getting more desperate, screaming at the air for her to pick up... Until she did. My suspicions were confirmed in that moment.
“Randolph? Are you there?” She was screaming, she was crying. Her sobbing made it difficult for me to understand her.

“Cindy? What’s going on?”

“You must come home! Please! I can’t wait anymore… Please, hurry!!”
“Cindy, calm down. What happened?”

“I saw something terrible! The house… the streets… It was horrible, so devastated So many bodies… So much blood... You... Joey... God! And there was some-"

The call was cut short by a deafening bout of static. It came so fast and so loud that it made drop my phone out of shock. I heard glass breaking… Luckily, I still have the hand’s-free set.
I saw a couple running to their car… I begged them for allowing me to hitch a ride. I implored them, almost to the point of crying in the ground. They ruefully accepted and gave me the ride home. Like my wife, they too were scared.
“It’s getting worse.” I hear the man say.

“Way, way worse…” The other man said.

I arrived home very quickly. Those guys knew many detours and shortcuts, plus they were driving at high speed.  I quickly looked for my keys, while the men were running away as fast as they could.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario