viernes, 31 de enero de 2014

My Disgrace

They eventually returned, they caught me when I was weak… But I still prevailed. Human warfare may not be the best answer, but under my counsel, we could repulse them out of kingdom.

They were very joyous with their victory… our victory. They were growing quite arrogant…

And there is nothing more hurtful for a father to see his children denying his help.

 So I silently gazed, I was not them. I am not a cruel father. I could not leave them defenceless… but sometimes I was tempted to do so. So I did the best next thing.

Their arrogance was because they thought they did everything. But I showed them the errors they were making. I made myself known.

Many were asking for the reason they have not died yet, doubts were starting to arise in their hearts and brains... So I, as the loving father I am, decided to show them the reason of their unnatural longevity.

It was a transmission from an once respected and powerful building, where the nations gathered in council. Those interesting machines should not have worked, neither for sending or receiving something… But for me, nothing is impossible. From the ruins of that building, I made myself known…

 There was fear and dread in the air. I could feel it… But they were not being submissive. As I foresaw, they wanted to fight… They rebelled against me! Me! Their saviour! The one that gave them everything!

 I quickly hushed the boiling rebellion. Doing so caused me great pain… but they could not terminate the beautiful order I created. No, they could not. I was not willing to go to these extremes, but they, as unruly children they were, needed to be disciplined.

 Now we live in discipline. We live in fervent order. They returned to the normality they once coveted so much. I made it possible for them… but now I see they would not go very far if they are not supervised…

 They paid tribute. Every time they saw my face, they swore to never do anything wrongful. My enforcement made this tradition remain, for I have many faces among the lands…

And should they try something, this father will stop being kind and generous.

They paint me as the villain… So if they so wish, I will be the villain.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario