viernes, 31 de enero de 2014

My Rule

Before my arrival, the whole world descended into horrifying anarchy.

Men were afraid of even the most insignificant sound. Women started displaying horrifying looks because they could not embellish themselves. Children grew without the joy of a toy or the love of a parent.

They were not evolving… they were regressing. Their so called attempts to survive, were just putting them straight in their line of sight… No one wanted to be alone, no one wanted to lose another loved one... they all were shining beacons for them...
The Children, the prince and his unnamed bride, they were atop of the hunt. They never had that amount of power… But clearly, they were enjoying it. Their torture was even more painful than that of the others, because it was not oriented towards the physical senses… but the spiritual ones. They had this game, this contest, to see how many families they could break before night. The childish joy they expressed, the smile they had while making mothers and fathers do heinous acts…

I could not stand any of that. Not anymore.
So I intervened. I steeped in. I brought order. Golden fists of justice battled against their talons, their flames, and their ravenous appetite… They put on a surprising fight, they were not wishing for their entertainment to be over. But I prevailed.  Weak, with short breath and gashing wounds, but victorious nonetheless.

I claimed a sizeable land, with still a fragment of fertility. Pure and uncorrupted, so they could harvest their food. And they did… they harvested their food and tried to bring their animals. Nations less affected were chivalrous enough to send supplies, which arrived without problems under my vigilant watch.

 Soon, this little part of land slowly became alive… Never achieving the same glory it had, but at least they were making progress. The children were very active, and I, their father, was always looking upon them. Their well-being nourished me, their pleas and prayers gave me strength… And they wished for me… so I provided upon them…
 
Some of them still did stupid things, but I always rectified them so they did not make the same mistake. Some were very stupid with their rations, so I corrected them. Some were incredibly retarded with the administration of law... So I stepped in.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario