jueves, 30 de enero de 2014

Maybe he is getting it too?

While driving to the hospital where the victims are being held, I couldn’t help but think about the stuff that happened today… First that awful vision… Then the botulism outbreak…

It was really confusing. But maybe I'm just paranoid... I'm a bit wacky like that... The best thing I could do was just relax in Anderson's expensive saloon car. The air conditioner is  in high blast, U2 is playing on the radio and Anderson...

Anderson? Hey! Anderson?! Wake.. OH MY GOD!

....
....

I stopped the car... I don't know how I did it...

Anderson was just shocked. His CPU melted. His brains topped working. I don't know what the hell happened. He was just there, his blood fleeing from his face, his eyes widening in terror... He was petrified. We could have died...

After struggling to get the car back in control, I hit the brakes. The impulse forward from stopping the car shook Anderson out of whatever thing he was experiencing at the moment. His face was glistening with sweat, his breathing was forced and hysterical and he couldn't stop trembling.

“What the hell happened to you? You could have caused an accident!” I said, barely containing my anger.

He didn't answer, he was stammering. He tried to explain himself, but he couldn't get the words out of his mouth. One look deeper in his eyes after the my scare passed and I noticed he was really distressed. Somehow... It remembered me...

In order for Anderson to be that scared, something bad had to happen. After the police warned us to never pull that stunt again (Like if we were to do it again…), our main topic of conversation switched to his reasons for blacking out like that.

“Dude, what the hell happened?”
“I ... I don’t know!” He kept stammering and looking nervous… “I was driving, and…and suddenly, I saw these... these people. They were rioting, they were shooting... Throwing Molotov's... At my house. At my wife... There was fire. A lot of fire.”

I froze up when he said that. The memory of my vision suddenly sprung back…. I was getting concerned. One time was passable, but two times isn't a fluke.  I also saw destroyed things...  The fire, the smoke... Something  must be happening.

“Let me stop at a chemist store… I seriously need something…”
Near the hospital, sitting quietly in a corner, was a pharmacy. Anderson bought a load of sedatives, and gulped down a few pills in a sitting… I can’t imagine the proportions of that vision… To making Anderson, a healthy man capable of controlling himself, resort to medication just calm his nerves. God…

“Are you sure you want to see John? I think you must rest a bit…” I said concerned.

He wasn’t sure of what to do. I think he really wanted to leave, but John was his best friend… He was in such a moral dilemma…

“Go to your house, pal… I will talk to John. He’ll understand.”
“You will?”

“You can count on that.”

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario