jueves, 30 de enero de 2014

Is it because you are getting old?

“I really think this is ridiculous and meaningless… I mean, aren’t you bored of doing the same thing over and over?”

“Is it because you’re getting old?”
“Excuse me?”

Anderson has always been kind of an idiot, knowing him from 25 years of work. But there was something in those brown eyes that made you forget it… He was jovial and energetic, and scolding him or calling him out was akin to kicking a puppy. He was one of my best friends in the whole complex… even though we had our problems. But the guy is awesome… He knows how to forgive.
We were eating in that boring caffe, enjoying our twenty minutes before going back to hell… And he was bugging me with his “Saw it in the web” knowledge…

“Because I once read this that men over forty tend to get more cranky and pessimistic because lack of nutrients.”
“Dude... my wife is a fucking gym trainer. Besides, I’m thirty-nine!!”

“One year, pal. Better prevent! Here, let me have that nasty and carb-high sandwich…   So you can enjoy this healthy salad!”
“You can enjoy a…”

There were some kids strolling by, and their mother wasn’t in the mood for explaining words to them. So I contained myself, cursing internally while Anderson stuffed his mouth with my tuna sandwich…

So after the break, we had to go back to the office. Anderson got lucky, he got the fun stuff… bossing the interns around. He doesn’t have to attend multiple meetings a day, or have a load of paperwork on his desk each morning… But at least if one of them messes up, he has to take the blame. While I can mess up and get away with it (most of the time)!

Besides the naughts-and- crosses tournaments and the occasional prank to the newbies, there’s nothing very interesting to do here in my office. Well, does rotting away in in front of your computer count? We get to see quite literal examples once in a blue moon…

It’s so mechanical… so lifeless… The only changing thing I get to see is my lunch, and that is f my wife is in a good mood. It’s so boring… I think I hate my life…
Or maybe Anderson is right… Lack of nutrients, huh? I can’t see how a change in diet would help….

In fact, I can’t see how a change in anything can help…
Is it possible to be this pathetic?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario