viernes, 31 de enero de 2014

What are they hearing?

It was a good thing that those men were able to leave. Many persons were swarming a small store... And I think I saw one policemen brandishing a gun...

When I got inside, I found my wife, curled near a wall. She was a mess. She couldn’t stop crying. My beautiful darling… all wrecked. I tried my best to comfort her, but nothing I said could calm her. She hugged me tightly, words trying to stand out from all the bawling.

“We have to get out of here. I don’t know how, but we must leave!”

Just as we were talking, we heard this enormous sound. Like an explosion… followed by broken glass. There was a lot of screaming. People cursing loudly…
My wife and I peered into the window. There was a big group of policemen and an even bigger group of protesters… The uniformed people were standing in front of a supermarket, impeding people from entering. The man with he gun was lowering his arm, blowing the cannon of the gun.

“There was a suspected biological attack on this area, do not attempt to enter!" One of the policemen said with an amplifier.
“Yeah?!  And why are you carrying away all that food?! What’s next? Start reducing our services?” A big, boorish man was yelling. “You are just abusing your power!”

The commotion outside was growing bigger. The man was doing a good job in rallying people against the police forces. The people were roaring with rage, all seemingly agreeing with the words of that brute.

“We have to get out of here. I’m giving ten minutes before a riot begins” Cindy said, looking at how the man brought an officer to the ground.
We managed to fill three backpacks. Right now, I’m completely remorseful I haven't anything to defend myself with.

Once we had everything, we ran. We picked as many quiet routes as possible. Everybody was out of control… All convenience stores in the vicinity were looted. All places were food was stored were being looted actually. People were running away with big bags full of food or clothes, the people were locking down their buildings as to not let the officers in.
“What the hell is happening?” Cindy asked. I wished to come up with an answer, but none came.

As we ran through alleys and mostly empty streets, we could hear a voice through a loudspeaker. It was loud and booming, even for such a device…

“Don’t let them oppress you! You must fight back! They are using this opportunity to exert the control they never had, using the fears and dread of people! Get up, go out to the street! Tell them that it isn’t working! Stand up… Be brave.”
Motivational speaker, great… Like if we need more of that shit. We tried to ignore the guy; our goal was to reach the airport. We had enough money in our credit cards to get us out of here. All we had to do was get to the place unscathed…

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario